When you begin to compare the many forms and variations of epoxies, glues, and resins available today, the results may leave you scratching your head. One question often leads to another. The chemistry behind epoxy and the varying formulas of glue has come quite a long way over the years, and can be a bit intricate. So what is the difference between each product? Let’s find out. Continue reading
Sometimes, you just get the urge to push the envelope. Walk on the wild side, and see how far can you go with your “self repairs.” Even if it’s merely for bragging rights, we’ve got the most crazy of your fix-er-up projects COVERED.
Do you live at the North Pole, where it is -40 degrees and blowing like an elf in the wind? We got you. Are you toiling in the Sahara Desert, working on the construction of the latest camel rest stop where the thermometer reads a staggering 120 degrees? We’ve still got you.
Cause we’re PC – Products and we don’t mess around with little variables like the extreme heat or frigid cold. We just went ahead and concocted some solutions to life’s stickier situations.
PC- Fahrenheit. When it’s hot, it’s really hot. Even if you need a quick fix before your cookout. PC – Fahrenheit will hold up to 500°F for long periods of time, and is certainly extreme enough to get you through your gig. PC-Fahrenheit™ allows a working time of about 8 minutes and cures for service in 60 minutes … now that’s Extreme FIY!
- Grill /fireplace repair. Easy cheesy.
- Muffler problems? No sweat.
- Hot water heater leaks. Yup.
PC-Xtreme. This product is a rapid curing Polyurea elastomeric crack and joint filler. Don’t forget that phrase – you’ll want to use it on your buddy later!
The PC –Xtreme uniformly dispenses from its cartridge and blends the resin and the hardener through a mixing nozzle, utilizing a standard caulking gun. It even self-levels. There’s no way you’re messing up your project today!
Suggested uses are as follows:
- Fill cracks in your concrete in the middle of winter. Snow removal may be necessary.
- Make a repair to your freezer or fridge while it’s cold. No problem.
- Industrial or Heavy Duty floor applications in high traffic areas. Got your back.
To sum it all up: whether you are a weekend FIY warrior or a stay-at-home momma, you can release your inner “MacGyver” with the varying aspects of our epoxy putties and pastes. Clear your mind, free your imagination, and get your things FIXED!
Hold it right there, Mr. Impatient. Wait another minute. Or is it an hour? Days? As it stands, curing times for different epoxy pastes and putties vary quite widely. As much as your fingers ache and yearn to pick up (or step on … or throw) what you’ve fixed and test it out, you might be jumping the gun. The strength of an epoxy hold often depends on how well it cures. You might want to resist temptation a little longer!
Looking for a Quick Fix?
It’s true that most of us are looking for something quick … because if it takes a long time, we just don’t want to bother. And we’re OK with that! PC Putty Epoxies are just the solution when you need a quick fix. Putties are hand moldable and quick setting, they boast a short work time and fast cure time. They are just what you need if you want to get back to the game before half-time is over!
- PC-Plumbing is a hand moldable putty epoxy designed for quick emergency-type repairs. PC-Plumbing™ allows a working time of about 3 minutes and cures for service in 60 minutes.
- PC-Metal™ (insert link: http://www.pcepoxy.com/our-products/putty-epoxies/pc-metal.php) is formulated with metal fibers to add strength and resilience but remains non conductive. It also allows a working time of about 3 minutes and cures for service in 60 minutes.
- PC-Lumber ™ is formulated with real wood. Cut, mix and apply. PC-Lumber™ allows a working time of about 15 minutes and cures for service in 60 minutes.
Seeking Strength and Endurance?
If you have a critical repair, try a PC Paste Epoxy for a HEAVY DUTY, permanent fix. Paste epoxies give the user extra working time for large jobs and are the strongest epoxies in the PC-Products family of repair products. Many times, the strength of our paste epoxy bond is stronger than the original material itself!
- PC-7® is the number one rated tough job epoxy! This paste epoxy was formulated for maximum bonding power and demonstrates excellent chemical resistance to mild acids, caustics, detergents, gasoline, fuel oil, salt, and fresh water.
- PC – Fast-N EZ is a fast cure epoxy for quick but permanent repairs. PC-Fast-N EZ™ is an extremely flexible translucent paste epoxy that is very easy to use. Perfect for precise applications, this epoxy flows beautifully through a static mix nozzle that mixes the epoxy for you.
- PC-Auto Bond™ is fast curing, strong and flexible cold weld Epoxy formulation. PC-Auto Bond™ forms a tough bond without the need for clamping and exhibits superior shatter, impact and vibration stability and resistance.
Epoxy Rule of Thumb
A general rule of thumb for epoxy curing is this: if your project is important, cure it warm, slow, and long. Cold curing doesn’t hold strength very well. A good bet is to allow 72 hours of setup time for full strength building of adhesive bonds to form and mature. It is most critical to allow jobs subject to pressure or stress a full curing time.