How to Mix PC-WOODY®
How to mix PC-WOODY®
On a flat surface such as stiff cardboard, plywood, or paneling measure PC-WOODY® 1 volume part A and 1 volume part B (see How to measure PC-WOODY®).
Don’t mix in a cup or container:
- It is easier to visually measure equal volumes of part A and B on a flat surface.
- Mixing in a container can make PC-WOODY® get hot. Spread it out over a flat area to dissipate the heat better. Heat reduces the working time.
- Mixing on a flat surface ensures 100% fully mixed part A and B. Containers are more difficult to completely mix. It is likely that there will remain unmixed or partially mixed A or B at its bottom along the edge.
- Mechanical mixing with a drill in a container adds energy to the mix raising the temperature and reducing the worktime.
Spread and lift until completely mixed
- Fully mixed PC-WOODY® has a light brown or tan appearance without any streaks of white or brown. Spread the mix on the mix board to a thickness of about 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
- A small quantity takes about 1 minute to mix. A larger quantity may take up to 2 minutes.
- Use denatured alcohol, rubbing alcohol, acetone or lacquer thinner to clean putty knife and mix board (plywood or panel).
- For application tips see: How to apply PC-WOODY®