When wood turns soft, and begins to sag or rot… well, it’s just not a pretty sight, is it? We agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly, and have formulated several products for those of us who refuse to accept decay as the inevitable reality. Forget tossing that picnic table, or having to replace an entire window sash, doorway, or deteriorated piece of wood siding. You DO have options.
How to Do Away With the Nasty
1. Terminate the Rot. PC – Terminator is a structural wood hardener designed to strengthen decayed or rotted wood. The mixture is a low viscosity liquid that penetrates porous surfaces, filling and sealing voids with an epoxy that cures to a hard but durable component. PC-Rot Terminator is useful for replacement of missing wood fibers or wood resin. PC-Rot Terminator fills the voids in the wood with an elastomer and binds the wood fibers with a strength that is greater than wood.
• BIG TIP: If you use PC-Terminator, and the wood still seems a little soft, you should repeat the application! The more you put on, the harder your wood will become after drying. Don’t skimp.
2. Rebuild Your Wood. After decay has been halted with Petrifier, you can move on to restoration and rebuilding of any missing parts with PC-Woody Epoxy Paste. PC-Woody will also hold up to expansion and contraction due to temperature changes, varying humidity – and it can be painted! This exact application was highlighted on a recent “Today” show and our PC-Woody was one of the recommended products!
• BIG TIP: PC-Woody allows about 45 minutes working time, so even a large job can be done easily. For smaller jobs, PC-LUMBER is now available for quick projects in a convenient putty stick! It’s so easy; you’ll think there’s a catch – but nope!
3. Stain or Paint. You can stain PC-Woody epoxy paste after it has cured (24 hours). Sand it first with medium grit sandpaper, and then apply the stain. We see the best results come from using a heavy pigmented stain or gel stain.
• BIG TIP: You can also cheat. Use dry powder earth tone pigments and add them to the epoxy while mixing it. This is the fastest and best way to tint it to match surrounding wood.
Additional Uses: Doorway in a JAM?
You can also utilize PC – Woody – which is a 100 percent solid epoxy without any solvents – to repair stripped out screws in doorways, as well as many other wood projects.
Moral of the story: You can end wood rot and enjoy your summer in peaceful harmony with your favorite PC wood repair epoxy.